About Melissa Ortiz Nolan
I taught graduate level courses in special education at the University of California, Santa Cruz Extension, and the University of San Diego Division of Continuing Education. I was nominated and selected as a California Association of School Psychologists Mentor. I have provided both parent and school trainings throughout the Bay Area on topics related to dyslexia, assessment, special education law, and working with advocates.
I am a member of the California Association of School Psychologists and the Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc. I have my Advanced Advocate Training Certification.
I am a parent who knows how to determine your child’s primary learning needs, and who knows how to bring him/her the appropriate help. My personal experiences have committed me to assist those parents who seek answers that help their child grow academically and emotionally.
- Masters of Arts in Administration and Public Policy from Stanford University
- Masters of Science in Counseling/School Psychology from California State University, Sacramento
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Education from University of California, Davis
- Licensed Educational Psychologist #2496
- Tier I and Tier II Administrative Services Credential
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential, Specialization: School Psychology
- Advanced Advocate Certification from Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates, Inc